Friday, September 01, 2006

cheaper than clubs


I just won these two beauties on eBay; my first disc golf purchase. I've only played four times, all on the same 9-hole course in San Luis Obispo two days before my wedding, but I immediately loved it. I have to clarify that it was the first time that I had played "disc" golf, which is distinctly different than "frisbee" golf, and if you're around serious "disc" people they may throw their "disc" at you if you call it a "frisbee." If the "disc" hits you, you'll immediately learn the difference between said "disc" and a "frisbee." although the "disc" and "frisbee" are often the same mass, the "disc" is smaller and harder and more painful when "caught" by any part of the body. As soon as the "discs" arrive, I'm going to go play here.

1 comment:

Rob said...

You, me, and Woodward Park in Fresno. Next time you are in town. I'm such a d.g. nerd I actually have a specially made bag for the discs...