Thursday, June 19, 2008

a few more picts and poetry

Why do I always have something to blog about when there are four other very important things to do? Rhetorical.

First the poetry. I just finished reading The Trouble With Poetry, (my) book two of Billy Collins reading. This one is a little shorter than the previous read, and I think even more clever. My favorites are: "The Lanyard", "On Not Finding You at Home", "The Introduction", and "The Revenant." I'm going to rank them in order too: 4,2,1,3. There you go.

And now the latest from the Canon...ooh, I just thought of a great blog title for my photography. Check it out here.

This may be my favorite building in Bakersfield. It's a Masonic Temple. I particularly like the back, it's the building without the mask, ugly and weathered. I almost looks like it's crying. I wonder how it feels being in Bakersfield and trying to look so formal and classic out front, yet completely bare of any supporting nature.






2 comments:

Ryan said...

You and Jeremy and your book reviews are making me jealous. I'm like, I read books, why don't I get to write book reviews?

Rob said...

Great pics Lovie!