Saturday, June 16, 2007

how about disc golf

My brother-in-law assures me that this course is extremely tough. I'd say my course score would validate that with an astounding 9 over par. I think it's the altitude or maybe the water that is to blame for my recent lack of finesse in the sports arena. While sport morale continues to suffer, everything else about being here has been fantastic. There is a sense of being at home, that I commented on last Christmas, which continues to grow. I am increasingly convinced of the ability for community to make location unimportant. A great place is awesome. A mediocre place (Illinois), or even a not so great place (Bakersfield?), and perhaps even a terrible place (Barstow? what?) can be the best place to live as long as you have good community. Four years, look out Seattle, we are taking you by storm.

Here's the course.


2 comments:

Rob said...

I'm living vicariously through you...looks like a blast!

Jeremy said...

So "Seattle" must be some wacky new nickname for Fresno? You kids!